Principal QAQC Engineer Jobs
ASEC Inc. has an immediate opening for an experienced Principal QA/QC Engineer. The position would be for either ASEC’s Denver, San Diego, or Houston offices.
This is a principal engineering position, working under the supervision of director of operations and section manager of engineering, performing aspects of engineering design and application of basic transmission line and structural design principles for existing and new build transmission structures. The position involves the capabilities to model lines using PLS-CADD software, review other engineer’s design work, and to coordinate internally with ASEC team members as well as with the client directly. The position will also consist of creating quality standards, developing training materials and being a subject matter expert on design issues.
- Bachelor’s in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineer’s license required.
- Minimum of 12 years of transmission line design experience required
- Experience in the design of transmission structure foundations
- Experience in the design of engineered steel pole structures
- Understanding of Sag/Tension Concepts, Basic Conductors, and use of Graphical Sag to determine tension on conductors within utility system.
- Experience in knowledge, use, and application of PLS Programs, including PLS-CADD and an understanding and application of L2, L3, and L4 analysis within it.
- Knowledge of US codes and standards (ANSI, ASTM, ASCE, NESC, and GO 95)
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
Not Required but Preferred Skills
- Master’s in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
PE License in California
- Experience in PLS-TOWER
- Experience managing a technical team
ASEC offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package.
For those who are interested please submit your resume: