Senior Protection & Control Engineer Jobs
ASEC Engineers is seeking a dedicated and experienced Senior Protection & Control Engineer to join our team. This position is essential to our ongoing commitment to providing high-quality engineering solutions for electric utility transmission and distribution systems, with voltage levels from 5 kV to 765 kV. The successful candidate will be responsible for project engineering and design of substation projects from planning stages through detailed design and construction.
- Detailed design of substation and/or protection & control projects
- Preparation, development, and modification of one and three-line diagrams, protective relaying & control schematic/elementary drawings, AC & DC schematics, wiring diagrams, panel front views, equipment layout/sections, cable & conduit schedules, SCADA, and bills of material according to applicable Utility Client Procedures
- Prepare calculations for studies and reports (AC & DC system sizing, conduit fill, voltage drop, CT saturation, Arc Flash, etc.)
- Prepare equipment specifications for procurement
- Perform quality assurance reviews of substation project documentation
- Adhere to all Utility Client Procedures, including CAD and documentation formatting
- Oversight of the project execution team, including junior engineers, designers, and drafters
- Communicate effectively and professionally with project teams, customer representatives, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure timely project delivery within budget and with high quality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Professional Engineering (PE) License
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in utility substation and protection & controls design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing relay settings a plus
- Experience with ETAP, ASPEN, or PSEE a plus
- Our team at ASEC Engineers fosters a culture of teamwork, innovation, and engineering excellence. We value our employees’ professional growth and development.
For those who are interested please submit your resume: