Substation Designer/Drafter Jobs
ASEC Engineers is seeking an experienced and highly skilled Substation Designer/Drafter to join our growing team of professionals in the high and extra high voltage substation design industry. The successful candidate will have a strong background in substation physical design, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in a project team environment.
- Prepare and review detailed substation drawings, including but not limited to: General Arrangements, One-Line Diagrams, Electrical Section Views (Elevations), Grounding Plans, Conduit Plans, Bill of Materials, Electrical Details, Control Building Plans & Elevations, etc.
- Oversee and mentor project team, specifically junior designers and drafters.
- Implement and perform quality assurance checks of client CAD standards, configurations, and procedures.
- Work directly with Engineering to interpret drawing markups
- Review and supervise the production of design deliverables
- Develop cost-effective design approaches for projects, ensuring compliance with applicable codes, standards, and client specifications
- Minimum 5 years of substation physical design experience
- Associates Degree in Drafting or equivalent technical experience
- Proficient with both AutoCAD and MicroStation
- Ability to be a lead technician, train junior designers, and work closely with engineering staff.
- Strong attention to detail, communication, and organizational skills.
For those who are interested please submit your resume: