Transmission Engineer Jobs
ASEC Inc. has an immediate opening for an experienced Mid-Level Transmission Engineer. The position would be for either ASEC’s Denver, San Diego, San Ramon, Pune or Houston offices.
This is a mid-level engineering position, working under the supervision of the senior engineer, engineer of record and project manager, performing aspects of engineering design and application of basic transmission line design principles for existing and new build transmission structures. The position involves the capabilities to model lines using PLS-CADD software, review other engineer’s design work, and to coordinate internally with ASEC team members as well as with the client directly.
- Bachelor’s in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification required.
- 4 – 6 years of transmission line design experience required
- Experience in the design of transmission structure foundations
- Experience in the design of engineered steel pole structures
- Understanding of Sag/Tension Concepts, Basic Conductors, and use of Graphical Sag to determine tension on conductors within utility system.
- Experience in knowledge, use, and application of PLS-CADD.
- Knowledge of US codes and standards (ANSI, ASTM, ASCE, NESC, and GO 95)
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
Not Required but Preferred Skills
- Master’s in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- PE License
- Experience in PLS-TOWER
- Experience managing a technical team
ASEC offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package.
For those who are interested please submit your resume: